Spring Snow Goose Hunting in Missouri
Are you looking for a guided snow goose hunt? Rogers Goosedown Outfitters is located in southeast Missouri and can plan the perfect spring snow goose hunting experience for you and your hunting party.
Snow Goose Hunting Dates & Hours in Missouri
Our guided snow goose hunts are open from February 7, 2023, through the beginning of March and are limited to snow geese, blue geese, and Ross geese. The spring snow goose season ends April 30, 2023, but we typically hunt through the middle of March since most of the birds have likely migrated north of us during this time.
The snow goose hunts start first thing in the morning and shooting time starts thirty minutes before sunrise to thirty minutes after sunset. You can expect to meet your goose hunting guide at least an hour prior to shooting time. This will allow you and your group enough time to get to the fields and make sure everything is set up for your hunt.
What you need for your spring snow goose hunt
- Your gun(s)
- Ammo – plan for at least two boxes a day with the preferred shells being 3 inches or 3 1/2 inches with a shot size of 2’s 1’s or BBs.
- Non-alcoholic drinks and snacks
- Conservation order permit – the spring conservation permit currently costs $5 for residents of Missouri and $47 for non-residents. You can purchase a snow goose conservation order permit online or over the counter at Walmart. This hunting license permit is required for everyone over the age of 15 who hunts with Rogers Goosedown Outfitters.
Rogers Goosedown Outfitters will provide everything else for your hunt – from high-quality decoys to a warmed-up blind. Check out our preferred nearby lodging list and let them know we sent you.
Snow Goose Hunting Costs:
A 1-day guided snow goose hunt in Missouri costs $200 per person. We can accommodate groups of 4-8 per pit blind. Contact us if you have more than 8 people in your party. Gratuity is not included in the hunt. Guides always appreciate tips of 10-20%.
Spring Conservation Snow Goose Limits
There is no limit on how many snow geese can be harvested in a day during the Spring Snow Goose Conservation Order. Hunters can expect to harvest anywhere from 3-10 birds per person a day, but sometimes more.
What To Know For Guided Spring Snow Goose Hunts:
- Goose hunts begin 30 minutes before sunrise till 4 pm or till the guide says the hunt is over.
- Spring Snow Goose Conservation Order runs from the beginning of February through mid-March.
- Be prepared to take all birds on the day of the hunt. Guides are not responsible for the bird cleaning after the hunt.
- No alcoholic drinks are allowed in the blinds or in the fields during the hunt.
- No retrievers are allowed on hunts.
- We use electronic snow goose calls.
- Your shotgun can be unplugged.
- The hunt location of pits is held on private land, so no need to worry about being crowded.
- Groups less than 5 could be mixed with another group
- All hunters must sign a waiver prior to the hunt. Click here to download Waiver
New to hunting snow goose or want the best experience? Check out these 8 Snow Goose Hunting Tips.
Accommodations can be made if you have knee or back problems, such as:
- Lay Down Blinds
- Pit Blinds
- Box Blinds
Why choose RGO for your snow goose hunt
Rogers Goosedown Outfitter guides are top-notch, offering a very personable and knowledgeable experience. Our pit blinds are clean and warm on those cold snow goose hunting days. We offer large decoy spreads with a mix of both snow goose and blue goose decoys. We include a variety of windsock decoys and full-bodied snow goose decoys. Our fields are in the main spring snow goose migration path, which allows us to set permanent migration spreads. We run four-speaker electronic calls.
Check out what our clients are saying about our goose hunting services and hunts:
Have more questions about snow goose hunting or ready to book?